We are currently recruiting an Client Services Accountant for our Barbados office. The successful candidate will demonstrate an eagerness to learn and have a flexible approach to their work.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Preparing annual financial statements for client entities in accordance with their relevant accounting standard
- Preparing monthly and/or quarterly management accounts for client entities
- Forecasting costs and revenues
- Filing corporation tax returns for client entities and/or liaising with the tax advisor of the client to complete the same
- Assistance with audits for client entities
- Assisting with and oversight of monthly payroll calculations and related payments
- Preparation of bank transfers, keeping record of invoice payments, reconciliation against bank account movements
- Ensure deadlines are met
- General responsibility for the management of a portfolio of client entities including budget preparation, cash flow management, tax expense calculations, and bank account management
- Attendance and active participation at board meetings of clients entities
- Acting as finance/treasury officer for client entities in relation to the general portfolio management function
- Attend client Board meetings and present reports on client business operations
- Generally, to act in conformity with any local or group guidelines of client entities when issued or updated and carry out the instructions of the Board of Directors or Executive Officers issued from time to time
- Generally, to assist with the day to day operations of client companies
- At least 5 years of experience working as an accountant with a Corporate and Trust Service Provider or Management Company, dealing specifically with Barbados International Business Companies, International Societies with Restricted Liability, Foreign Currency Permit Holding Companies, and other such entities operating internationally but from Barbados.
- Knowledge of Barbados corporate entities and their taxation
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Chartered Accountants or Certified Practicing Accountants will be given preference
- A finance or related designation or post graduate degree would be an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Possess an understanding of investment and general business
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and knowledge of virtual meeting applications such as Zoom, Web-Ex and Microsoft Teams
- Ability to adapt easily to accounting software (e.g. Sage, Microsoft Dynamics NAV)
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an ability to multi-task
- Flexibility but able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong motivation to work in a quickly growing, dynamic and challenging environment
What we offer:
At Centralis, we work in a dynamic, human-size, multi-cultural environment. We attach great importance to the personal fulfilment and professional development of our employees. We offer you an interesting and rewarding job, an attractive salary package and a number of benefits, including training support and flexibility.
Should you be interested, please send your application letter, together with your curriculum vitae, in English, by clicking on the "apply here" button below.